1. ABOUT US
www.sellyourcartoday.com is a trading name of The Trade Centre Group PLC (“we” or “us”). We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 4921555 and our registered office is Euro Centre, Neath Abbey Business Park, Neath Abbey, Neath, SA10 7DR
2. THESE TERMS
These terms (together with the documents referred to within) (the “Terms”) set out the terms on which you may access and use our sellyourcartoday.com website (“our Website”), and the services available on it (the “Services”), which include our online car valuation tool (the “Valuation Tool”) and our appointment booking tool (“Appointment Tool”).
Please read these Terms carefully before using our Website. We recommend that you print a copy of them for reference in the future.
Whether you access our Services via a computer, mobile device, or some other means, these Terms govern your use.
In using our Website, you are confirming that you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them.
You must not use our Website or any of the Services if you do not agree to these Terms.
3. OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
The following additional terms also apply to your use of our Website:
- In using our Website, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
4. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
The amended Terms are effective from the date they are posted to our Website. In continuing to use our Website or Services you accept our amended Terms.
We reserve the right to revise these Terms at any time without notice by amending this page
5. PERMITTED USE OF OUR WEBSITE AND VALUATION TOOL
Our Valuation Tool allows private individuals or businesses wishing to sell a car on their own behalf (i.e. not as part of their commercial activities) to value their car and provides them with the opportunity to sell us their car.
Access and use of the Valuation Tool is only permitted for personal, non-commercial purposes (i.e. not as part of commercial activities). Using the Valuation Tool to obtain car valuations for commercial purposes, i.e., to value cars you intend to sell to third parties and not to us, is strictly prohibited.
We continuously monitor the use of our Valuation Tool using technology to inform us of any improper commercial use. If we identify improper commercial use of the Valuation Tool, we may charge you a fee for every unauthorised valuation you processed using our Valuation Tool (see details in paragraph 6 below).
In order to preserve and maintain the functionality of our Website and Services for all, there are a number of things you must not do. You must not:
- transmit material of any nature which is designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the accessibility or functionality of our Website or the Services;
- make an attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the non-public parts of it, the server on which our Website is stored or indeed any server, computer or database connected to our Website, or from or through which the Services are provided;
- use any automated software, process, program, robot, web crawler, spider, data mining, trawling or any other ‘screen scraping’ software, process, program or system;
- use our Website or Services to create, check, validate, update, modify or amend your own or another person’s databases, records or directories;
- use our Website in any illegal, fraudulent, offensive or abusive manner;
- copy or attempt to copy our data or reverse engineer the Services the processes used on our Website; or
- do anything which interferes with any other user’s experience of our Website or Services.
6. ACCESS TO AND AVAILABILITY OF OUR WEBSITE
It is your responsibility to make all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Website and Services, including using your own virus protection software.
Use of our Website and Services is free of charge to valid users. If you are using our Website or Services for commercial purposes, or not in accordance with paragraph 5 above, we may decide to bill you for each valuation obtained using the Valuation Tool (a “Commercial Online Valuation”). The cost per Commercial Online Valuation is £5.50 plus VAT.
We cannot guarantee our Website, Services, or any content we provide, will always be available without interruptions, or be bug, virus, fault or error free.
We absolutely do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. Users should use their own virus protection software.
We reserve the right to suspend, withdraw, discontinue or make changes to all or any part of our Website, including access to the Website, for any reason, at any time and without notice.
You may link to the publicly-accessible pages on our Website, provided you do so in a way that is legal, fair and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of us or our Services, such damage or harm to reputation being determined by us.
You must not link to our Website in such a way as to suggest or imply any form of association, approval or endorsement by us without our prior written consent.
You will immediately at our request remove any link to our Website at any time and we may withdraw any linking permission at any time.
Where our Website contains links to other resources and sites provided by third parties, those links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the content of those resources or sites.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights relating to our Website and the material published upon it. Those works are protected inter alia by copyright laws and treaties globally. All such rights are absolutely reserved.
You are allowed print off one copy, and may download extracts of any page(s) from our Website for your own personal use.
You are not allowed to modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
9. VALUATION TOOL AND CAR PURCHASE
All valuations generated by the Valuation Tool (an “Online Valuation”) are based on the information you tell us about your car (the “Car”) and on the following general assumptions we make about the Car (the “Assumptions”):
- it has over 6 months MOT;
- it is not an import, i.e. it is a right-hand drive vehicle with UK registration plates and a valid V5C;
- it has not been modified or changed from the manufacturer’s original specification;
- it has never been subject to an insurance write off or used for private hire, rental, driving tuition or as a police vehicle;
- it has not been used in any rally, motor trial, speed contest, track day or similar event there is no major mechanical fault with the car, including an active engine management warning light;
- it does not have a personalised registration plate, or, if the vehicle has a personalised registration plate it will remain with the Car with no value assigned to it;
- it is damage free, including exterior, wheels, interior and mechanical;
- it has an engine which starts properly and it can idle on its own, i.e. it is not a “non-runner”;
- you have two sets of keys for the car,
- you can provide valid proof of ownership
Valuations are provided within a range, red being a valuation for a car in poor condition and green being a valuation for a car in excellent condition or being part-exchanged.
The minimum Online Valuation is £50.00.
An Online Valuation does not constitute an offer by us to purchase the Car. An online valuation is simply a tool to enable you to estimate the value of your car and the price which we may be willing to pay for it.
We will always carry out a provisional physical inspection of the Car before we agree to buy it, followed by a thorough inspection ahead of payment being made. Once you have received an Online Valuation, you may book an appointment for a provisional inspection at one of our branches (an “Appointment”).
If, on provisional physical inspection of the Car at the Appointment, we consider that the value of the Car is affected by any aspect of its history or condition, including any unusual features or customisations or anything which affects or limits the Assumptions we made about the Car, which was not apparent to us when we gave the Online Valuation, the price that we may be willing to pay for it following the provisional physical inspection (the “Price”) is likely to differ from the Online Valuation.
Following the provisional physical inspection and before payment is made, we will complete a further, thorough inspection of the vehicle and we reserve the right to adjust our offer or reject the car. If you are not agreeable to the offer adjustment or the car is rejected then you will be asked to collect the car and no payment will be made.
We are under no obligation to purchase any Car brought to an Appointment (in particular we reserve the right to turn you away from an Appointment if we believe that you are selling the Car for commercial purposes, e.g. in the course of a motor trade business) and neither are you obliged to sell any car brought to an Appointment.
Subject to our inspections of the Car (as explained further above), the Online Valuation is guaranteed for 7 days from the date and time which you receive your valuation.
If there is a significant price change within the 7 day guarantee period, we will use reasonable endeavours to contact you to let you know that the Online Valuation has changed, all offers are provisional and subject to inspection in any case.
A binding agreement to purchase the Car (“Contract”) will only be made between us when:
- you have accepted our standard purchase contract and Price, including any Offer Adjustment if applicable (the “Contract”) on the terms and conditions set out in our standard Purchase Terms and Conditions, and
- you have been sent our confirmation that the Thorough Inspection of the Car has been completed and we have either confirmed the Price, or agreed any Offer Adjustment with you if applicable.
Any negotiations or discussions which take place prior to agreeing the Contract will not be binding on you or us.
The full terms and conditions that apply to the Contract can be viewed here.
- At the time of making the Contract, we will expect you to provide us with:
- all copies of the Car’s keys that you have;
- the Car’s V5C registration document (together with appropriate proof of purchase if requested by us);
- proof of your identity and address, both of which must match the details on the V5C;[SA1]
- proof of your bank account name, sort code and account number
- the Car’s service history (if any);
- the Car’s MOT certificate (if any);
- the Car’s user manuals (if any); and
- any accessories there may be such as a locking wheel nut, radio fascia or remote controls.
We will also expect you to remove any personal possessions from the Car once the provisional inspection has been completed and the purchase provisionally agreed. We will not be responsible for any personal items missing once the Car is in our possession.
We retain the right to withdraw any offer to buy the Car with immediate effect, to rescind or terminate any Contract with immediate effect, and/or to indicate a revised Price at which we will be prepared to purchase the Car. If we elect to rescind the Contract post payment, we reserve the right to return the Car to you and you will refund the Price to us.
Unlike other car buying services we do not currently charge a transaction fee, although we reserve the right to introduce a transaction fee at our discretion, which will be clearly displayed on the website.
Maximum Purchase Value
We only purchase cars to the maximum value of £30,000
Our standard payment terms are to make payment direct to your UK bank account on the day following the date on which we take possession of the car. It is your responsibility to check that you have provided us with your correct bank account details before making the Contract.
It is possible that events beyond our control may delay payment. If that happens, we will not have any liability to you for the delay. In particular, we will not be responsible for any losses or delays cause if you provide us with incorrect bank account details.10. LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
Nothing in these Terms exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
To the extent we are permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms applying to our Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We are not liable to any user for any costs incurred, or loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if this is foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
(a) the use of, or inability to use our Website or Services;
(b) the use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website or produced by our Services;
(c) any virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material (each a “Virus”) due to your use of our Website or Services, or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it;
(d) your use of any websites linked from our Website or Services;
(e) the booking, arranging, cancelling, or attending an Appointment.
We will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of any obligations under these Terms due to events or other matters that are beyond our reasonable control.
If you are a business, you must note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
(a) any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
(b) any business interruption;
(c) any loss of anticipated savings;
(d) any loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
(e) indirect or consequential loss or damage; or
(f) our dealings with you resulting in any loss of opportunity, profits, sales, revenue, goodwill or reputation.
If you are a consumer, please note that our site is only provided for domestic and private use. In using our Website you agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and please note that in particular, we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, any loss of business, any business interruption, or any loss of business opportunity.
11. YOUR LIABILITY
You will compensate us in full for all losses or costs, including reasonable legal fees, that we incur as a result of (i) any breach by you of these Terms; (ii) your use of our Website or Service in violation of any law; or (iii) the infringement of the rights of another person.
If any term of these Terms is held to be illegal, invalid or held to be otherwise unenforceable, the remaining parts of the Terms will continue to be enforceable.
You may not assign, sub-licence or otherwise transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to any other person or party.
These Terms do not give rise to rights which are enforceable by any person who is not part to these Terms.
If we do not exercise or enforce a right under these Terms against you at any time, this does not in any way prevent us from doing so at a later date.
13. APPLICABLE LAW
These Terms, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in connection with these Terms and your access to and use of our Website (including any claims or disputes).
14. CONTACT US
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org